Writing C++ programs on Irix 6.5

I recently purchased an SGI O2 machine with Irix 6.5
installed on it. After installing the gcc 3.3 from the
freeware.sgi.com It is still telling me that headers
are missing! even stdio.h is not present on the
machine. The software manager shows c++ headers and
libraries as installed. The file libC.so is installed.
What else do i need to start compiling C programs on
Irix?

Help!

Deep