This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: problem with parallel make
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <weigand at i1 dot informatik dot uni-erlangen dot de>
- Cc: zlomekj at suse dot cz, aj at suse dot de, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:01:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: problem with parallel make
- References: <200310201955.h9KJtcc25089@faui1g.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:55:38PM +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Josef Zlomek wrote:
> >> This is more believable. The problem is probably caused by the config.cache
> >> shared by libiberty and libffi; if autoconf 2.57 is putting the wrong
> >> thing there, we'll fall apart later in libffi.
> >Yes, that will be the reason.
> >> In any case, please post the configure and make commands you are using,
> >> including any environment variables.
> >../configure --enable-checking --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,f77
> >make -j2 bootstrap
> Does it work with --enable-serial-configure ?
> Without this flag, I've had all sorts of weird problems with parallel
> bootstrap; apparently access to the shared config.cache is not properly
> synchronized between configures running in parallel ...
More likely, the particular order serial-configure forces happens to
work and the one that is being chosen by make doesn't.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer