Re: is this an appropriate use of the "target-specific builtin#defines"?

Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 09:33:05AM +0800, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
>> What I want to do (to make things easy) is to add a builtin #define like
>> this:
>> #define __declspec(thread) __thread
>
> Think about it.  This is not how the preprocessor works.

And then look at the existing arrangement for handling
__declspec(foobar), and think about how you can make that
do what you need.

(Most, if not all, of the questions you have been asking can be
answered by reading and understanding the source code, which you need
to do anyway in order to implement the changes you want to make.)

zw