This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Trying to work around a 16-bit x86 weirdness
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Bernd Jendrissek <berndfoobar at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:50:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: Trying to work around a 16-bit x86 weirdness
- References: <20031020084455.GA19425@prism.co.za>
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:44:55AM +0200, Bernd Jendrissek wrote:
> (insn 23 8 24 0 (set (reg:HI bx )
> (const_int 42000 [0xa410])) -1 (nil)
This is not a valid HImode constant. Integer constants are
sign extended to HOST_WIDE_INT, regardless of the signedness
of the target type.