This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: CVS add question...
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 05:01:30PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> >
> That is the thing, I need to add the directory libjava/mips.
Since you're doing this for review, it may be easier to simply tar up
the new directory, and put it up somewhere. Then mail a note with a URL.
If it's not very large, you can attach it to an email and send it to the
appropriate list (probably java@ in this case). Don't bother including
generated files in such a tarball, especially if it's just for visual review.
> When I do:
>
> cvs diff -3up -N
>
> I don't get the new files (not even those that are in existing directories).
Do a "cvs -n update" to make sure that the files are actually marked as
being added.
--
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
- Brian W. Kernighan