This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PATCH for Re: problem with http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:32:42 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: PATCH for Re: problem with http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/
- References: <20031017160023.A15715@synopsys.com>
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Joe Buck wrote:
> That's wrong; 3.3.2 is a bug fix release only.
Fixed with the patch below which also disables the link to the GCJ status
page which doesn't really give much status.
> We need to come up with a better way of distinguishing what's new in the
> 3.3.x series, and what's new in 3.3.2.
3.3 for the series, and 3.3.0, 3.3.1,... for individual releases.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/gcc-3.3/index.html,v
retrieving revision 1.9
diff -u -3 -p -r1.9 index.html
--- index.html 17 Oct 2003 11:57:35 -0000 1.9
+++ index.html 17 Oct 2003 23:29:44 -0000
@@ -13,13 +13,15 @@
<p>The <a href="http://www.gnu.org">GNU project</a> and the GCC
developers are pleased to announce the release of GCC 3.3.2.</p>
-<p>GCC 3.3.2 includes numerous <a href="changes.html">new features,
-improvements, bug fixes, and other changes</a>, thanks to an <a
+<p>The GCC 3.3 release series includes numerous <a href="changes.html">new
+features, improvements, bug fixes, and other changes</a>, thanks to an <a
group of volunteers</a>.</p>
<p><a href="gcj-status.html">GCJ 3.3 status</a> is tracked for a
variety of targets and test packages.</p>