This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FAQ: how to build a statically-linked gcc?
- From: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <blytkerchan at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, crossgcc <crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:04:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: FAQ: how to build a statically-linked gcc?
- References: <3F8D702F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
AFAIK, --disable-shared should do that.. but I think that laso has a
side-effect on exception handling..
If there's a better way, I'd like to know it :)
On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:05:03AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Can somebody clue me in on the right way to build static gcc binaries?
> http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html doesn't seem to say.
> One user of my crosstool script really wants this,
> and is currently hacking the Makefile to add -static
> ( http://sources.redhat.com/ml/crossgcc/2003-10/msg00068.html ).
> Dan Kegel
> Want more information? See the CrossGCC FAQ, http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/
> Want to unsubscribe? Send a note to email@example.com
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
-- Redd Foxx