Re: Testing m68k changes on AmigaOS and Linux/m68k

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:07:44AM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> You're probably one of the few people who exercise canadian cross
> builds :-)

  Quite possible. I started doing such builds this year when I discovered
  how to do that and was surprised to see how "easy" it is :-)

> I see you're using the MIT syntax on the Amiga. Some guy told me the
> GeekGadgets port of GCC used it.

  You have a really bad memory ;-) I told you that.

> Have you ever tried defining MOTOROLA? If you're luckly, it should work
> out of the box.

  I never tried and I won't try it because the assembler I am using
  doesn't support it.

> I'm asking because I still have a (not so hidden) agenda for obsoleting
> the MIT syntax some day...

  I know and I am still against it. Such bugs could be caught easily by
  converting from #if[n]def MOTOROLA to if (MOTOROLA) with MOTOROLA defined
  to 0 or 1. Then the compiler would eliminate the dead code.

> > I going to test the coss-built native compiler tonight.

  Unfortunately the cross-built compiler doesn't work :-( It seems to be
  miscompiled since I get this error message:

    ./cc1 -E foo.c
    <internal>:0: internal compiler error: tree check: expected class 'd',
     have 'd' (function_decl) in make_decl_rtl, at varasm.c:882

  The compiler was built by a cross-compiler built from the same source as
  this one. A native 3.4 built at the beginning of September 2003 works. I
  am going to test whether 3.3 and an older 3.4 as build compiler will do
  better. Currently I don't know when it broke :-/

  Gunther