This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make profiledbootstrap broken?
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at develer dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:38:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: make profiledbootstrap broken?
- References: <3F877658.7050307@develer.com>
> Hello,
>
> is it just me doing something wrong or the profiledbootstrap
> feature is currently broken in mainline?
>
> It seems some source files are missing the accompaning .gcda file:
>
>
> stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/
> -B/usr/local/src/gcc_combined/i386-linux-HEAD-install/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -g -O2 -fbranch-probabilities -DIN_GCC -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Werror -fno-common -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../combined-HEAD/gcc -I../../combined-HEAD/gcc/. -I../../combined-HEAD/gcc/../include ../../combined-HEAD/gcc/resource.c -o resource.o
> ../../combined-HEAD/gcc/resource.c: In function
> `clear_hashed_info_for_insn':
>
> ../../combined-HEAD/gcc/resource.c:1280: warning: file resource.gcda not
> found, execution counts assumed to be zero
The problem is that Makefile now incorrectly pass -Werror for
profilestage flags. This is fixed by patch I sent some time ago but it
wasn't reviewed yet. You may work around by disabling -Werror in
configure (don't remmber the name of flag)
Honza
> make[2]: *** [resource.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/src/gcc_combined/i386-linux-HEAD-build/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stagefeedback_build] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/src/gcc_combined/i386-linux-HEAD-build/gcc'
> make: *** [profiledbootstrap] Error 2
>
>
> --
> // Bernardo Innocenti - Develer S.r.l., R&D dept.
> \X/ http://www.develer.com/
>
> Please don't send Word attachments -
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
>
>