This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
verson numbers (was: gcc-ss-3.4-20031008 is now available)
- From: prj at po dot cwru dot edu (Paul Jarc)
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:06:49 -0400
- Subject: verson numbers (was: gcc-ss-3.4-20031008 is now available)
- Organization: What did you have in mind? A short, blunt, human pyramid?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> gcc-ss-3.4-20031008 is now available
Back when 3.3 was being released, there were requests to make it 3.3.0
instead of 3.3 so that filenames would sort better, etc. Mark (IIRC)
said the request came too late for 3.3., but that it could be
considered for future versions. Has it been forgotten, and is it now
too late for 3.4(.0) as well? Can this be worked out now to make sure
it doesn't slip again?