Re: [tree-ssa] Garbage collector x bb annotations

On Oct 8, 2003, at 9:53 AM, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:

Hello,

I have just run into the following problem: dom_children get released by
ggc_collect call in tree-ssa-pre. Allocating them by ggc seems wrong to
me, since basic block annotations are allocated from obstack and
invisible to garbage collector.

Yeah.  But there's more than that, unfortunately.  All the fields in
struct bb_ann_d are ggc allocated.  The real solution would be to
finally convert basic blocks to ggc.  Volunteers?

I may try (I need it anyway for tree-ssa-cfg branch). The whole issue is however quite ugly as this combines basically all allocation mechanisms that are available in gcc (basic blocks themselves are pool allocated).

They used to be obstack allocated, so consider yourself lucky :P.

You could add a "fields_only" flag and modify gengtype to not mark the actual bb, only it's fields.

I could probably do this if you guys think it's a viable solution.
--Dan