This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [tree-ssa] Garbage collector x bb annotations
- From: "S. Bosscher" <S dot Bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- To: 'Diego Novillo ' <dnovillo at redhat dot com>,'Zdenek Dvorak ' <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: "'gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org '" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:57:14 +0200
- Subject: RE: [tree-ssa] Garbage collector x bb annotations
> > me, since basic block annotations are allocated from obstack and
> > invisible to garbage collector.
> Yeah. But there's more than that, unfortunately. All the fields in
> struct bb_ann_d are ggc allocated. The real solution would be to
> finally convert basic blocks to ggc. Volunteers?
It has been high on my TODO list for some time, but I wanted to wait until
after 3.4 branches because it will cause changes in a lot of files. Do you
want it sooner than that?