This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Warnings on kernel compiles with latest gcc-3_3-branch and gcc-3_3-rhl-branch.
- From: Olaf Hering <olh at suse dot de>
- To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:38:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: Warnings on kernel compiles with latest gcc-3_3-branch and gcc-3_3-rhl-branch.
- References: <1065328947.11114.406.camel@nosferatu.lan>
On Sun, Oct 05, Martin Schlemmer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am getting these with latest of cvs 3.3 and 3.3-rhl branches (note
> that the rest of the tool chain stayed fairly the same):
>
> --
> CC init/main.o
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:119: Warning: setting incorrect section attributes for
> .init.text
> {standard input}:133: Warning: setting incorrect section attributes for
> .init.data
> {standard input}:138: Warning: setting incorrect section attributes for
> .init.setup
> CHK include/linux/compile.h
> UPD include/linux/compile.h
> --
I see similar warnings during gcc33 branch compile (with cvs binutils):
/home/toolchain/obj33/obj-gcc/gcc/xgcc -shared-libgcc -B/home/toolchain/obj33/obj-gcc/gcc/ -nostdinc++ -L/home/toolchain/obj33/obj-gcc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src -L/home/toolchain/obj33/obj-gcc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -B/home/toolchain/gcc33/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/bin/ -B/home/toolchain/gcc33/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/lib/ -isystem /home/toolchain/gcc33/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/include -nostdinc++ -I/home/toolchain/obj33/obj-gcc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu -I/home/toolchain/obj33/obj-gcc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include -I/home/toolchain/gcc-3_3-branch/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ -I/home/toolchain/gcc-3_3-branch/libstdc++-v3/libmath -O1 -fsigned-char -g -Wall -fmessage-length=0 -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-implicit-templates -Wall -Wno-format -W -Wwrite-strings -fdiagnostics-show-location=once -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -c /home/toolchain/gcc-3_3-branch/libstdc++-v3/src/vterminate.cc -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/vterminate.o
/tmp/cckl3waN.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/cckl3waN.s:53: Warning: setting incorrect section attributes for .text._ZN9__gnu_cxx27__verbose_terminate_handlerEv
Alot of these occour. binutils problem, gcc problem, no problem?
native powerpc-linux
--
USB is for mice, FireWire is for men!
sUse lINUX ag, nÃRNBERG