Re: RFA: Adding a location_t (or pointer) to tree_exp for 3.4 only.

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:40:54AM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 02:49:20PM +0200, Carlo Wood wrote:
> > But tree-ssa (3.5) even adds a location_t to tree_common!
>
> Not anymore.
>
> > A suggestion was to use expr wfl, but that is impractical:
> > there are too many places where an expressions type is directly
> > compared with CALL_EXPR (if (TREE_CODE (call) != CALL_EXPR)) -
> > all of those places would have to be changed to also check for
> > a EXPR_WITH_FILE_LOCATION that wraps a CALL_EXPR and then
> > unwrap the call expr in order to subsequentially be able to
> > process it.
>
> What leads you to believe that this is true?  Why would not the
> WFL expr just go through expand_expr, and thence to expand_call?

Well, wouldn't e.g. operand_equal_p need to handle
EXPR_WITH_FILE_LOCATION?  I see lots of other places in the optimizers
with the same issue.  Right now EXPR_WITH_FILE_LOCATION is only used to
wrap inline calls, as far as I can see.  Even there I suspect it hurts
optimization because of this issue.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz