Re: [tree-ssa mudflap]

Hi -

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:10:23PM +1000, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> [...]
> My interpretation:
> 	At some point strerror() was called, which internally
> accessed pthread_rwlock_rdlock() (which I now trap in mf-hooks2.c)
> which eventually led to a malloc(12), which was trapped and
> registered.
> [...]

I believe that your hook function for pthread_rwlock_rdlock,
and other such functions, will have to set the reentrancy
state.  This way, mallocs and frees run by the pthread runtime
will not be tracked by the libmudflap runtime.

> I also have an unexplained unregister violation in fork()
> which does not bother me too much at this point.

I suspect something similar is going on there.

> I use this libmudflap patch:
> 	http://users.bigpond.net.au/eyal/

Please do submit the patch formally, with a ChangeLog.  There is
no need for you to maintain your separate patch, given that at the
moment, you are de facto the main developer of this part of
libmudflap. :-)

- FChE