-O2 and volatile

We sometimes find that our code doesn't work after
using -O2 GCC optimization.  This is usually because
the compiler decides it can eliminate variables that
it shouldn't. These variables often reside in ISRs or
depend on multi-processor interactions.

Is there a way to find out which variables GCC decided
to eliminate?