This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
-O2 and volatile
- From: Marcus Binny <marcusbinny at yahoo dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:46:12 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: -O2 and volatile
We sometimes find that our code doesn't work after
using -O2 GCC optimization. This is usually because
the compiler decides it can eliminate variables that
it shouldn't. These variables often reside in ISRs or
depend on multi-processor interactions.
Is there a way to find out which variables GCC decided
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search