Re: Optimising redundant compares

Jon Beniston wrote:
Yep, my port is very similar. The only apparent significant difference
is that I was using a fixed hard register, where as I believe the PPC
allows CC regs to be pseduos.

The PPC has 8 condition code registers. Using pseudos lets us allocate values to the 8 available cc registers. If you only have one, then using a hard register should be fine.

Is HARD_REGNO_MODE_OK defined correctly? If it doesn't allow SImode values in the CC register, then reload should know that it isn't really an SImode register.