This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Questions on schedule-insns and IA32
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- To: wilson at specifixinc dot com (Jim Wilson)
- Cc: swsnyder at insightbb dot com (Steve Snyder), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:49:56 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: Questions on schedule-insns and IA32
> > 2. In GCC v3.2.x is -fschedule-insns known to cause problems
> > (mis-compilation or reduced performance) on IA32 or not?
> It shouldn't cause mis-compilation. However, because it isn't used by
> default, it gets little or no testing on IA32, and thus there is a small
> risk of latent bugs.
-fschedule-insns can increase the lifetime of hard registers, which can
cause reload failures for SMALL_REGISTER_CLASSES targets.