Re: list of GCC hosts and targets?

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 09:41:35PM +0800, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> Is there a list somewhere of all the values for HOST=, TARGET= and BUILD=
> that are valid for current GCC CVS?

No, not really.  There was a list in the old installation documentation
(still linked to from gcc.gnu.org/install), but it listed all the possible
cpus, all the possible vendors, all the possible operating systems,
without ever saying what combinations were valid.

A good idea of what's currently maintained can be seen from the
testing pages, e.g., http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.3/buildstat.html and
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html, but those are technically just
a subset of the possibilities.

The most accurate list of what is supported is in the shell script
gcc/config.gcc, which gives hard errors for unsupported triplets.  Even that
isn't /precisely/ exhaustive, since it uses wildcards, but you get the idea.
I've started trying to create an updated list in the documentation based
on this script, but that's proven to taken more time than what I typically
have free.

Phil

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan