Re: Learning gcc

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 10:32:05AM +0900, Kiran Kumar wrote:
> Me too. It will be great if some expert gcc guy can let us know where to
> start off.
>
> Thanks
> Kiran Kumar Kasturi
>
> On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 07:10, Jialin Dou wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am a newbie to gcc implementation. I wish to learn the gcc source code,
> > however, there are so many source files, could anybody suggest how could I
> > get myself started?

Decide which part of the compiler you're most interested in, then take a look
at the GCC Internals Manual, linked to as "Manual" from http://gcc.gnu.org.
Language-specific frontends are implemented in different files than
the platform-specific backends, and then there are various "middle-end"
(what an name) files which glue them together.

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan