This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: passing regparm floating-point args in FPU registers
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Andrew Zabolotny <anpaza at mail dot ru>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 23:02:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: passing regparm floating-point args in FPU registers
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Good day!
> I've posted this letter once before but since several days have passed
> and nobody replied I dare to re-post it again. Don't consider this spam.
> I'm working on a OS/2 port of gcc and one of my goals is to achieve
> a relatively full compatibility with the standard OS/2 compiler -
> IBM's Visual Age C++. The later has a calling convention (often used)
> calld _Optlink which is quite similar with regparm but has some
> differences. The difference I have most troubles with is that it passes
> first four floating-point parameters through FPU registers rather than
> through the stack.
You may search archives for fpregparm patch I made few years ago.
I am thinking about re-incarnating it now when we can use it for passing
arguments to local functions.