This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: m68k: cfa_offset VS cfa_store_offset
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at develer dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, Gunther Nikl <gni at gecko dot de>
- Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 23:21:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: m68k: cfa_offset VS cfa_store_offset
- References: <3F58FAA2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Bernardo Innocenti <email@example.com> writes:
> I noticed something weird in m68k_output_function_prologue().
> There are two different variables tracking the cfa offset,
> but both seem to be bearing exactly the same value.
> Since they're also the same type, I was wondering if we could
> just get rid of one of them...
> But how did that come to be? Perhaps it had some meaning before
> other changes and simplifications made it useless?
I'm pretty sure I've copied it from i386.c, see revision 1.4 of that file.
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg
Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."