This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Floating point trouble with x86's extended precision
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: gdr at integrable-solutions dot net, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de,wilson at tuliptree dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:53:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Floating point trouble with x86's extended precision
> It is OK to say, "Oh yes, this is a functionality we don't know how to
> get right; we don't foresee any immediate work to fix it."
> But is not OK to say it is not a bug. It does not make GCC team look
> serious. Professionaly speaking.
You can't say it is a bug across the board, it depends on the language
definition I would say, and since long long double is an extension, there
is no language definition to appeal to :-)