This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Floating point trouble with x86's extended precision
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de, wilson at tuliptree dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:55:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Floating point trouble with x86's extended precision
> No one here is saying that extended precision is bad. It is very
> important for correct results for some algorithms. That is why the IEEE
> FP standards require its presense.
That is wrong, this is not a required element of the standard