This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Which opcodes emitted by gcc for various arches
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- To: Kris Warkentin <kewarken at qnx dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:52:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: Which opcodes emitted by gcc for various arches
- References: <056f01c366a1$30fb01b0$0202040a@catdog>
Kris Warkentin wrote:
Is there any easy way to know which opcodes gcc is capable of emitting when
optimizing for various platforms?
For example, if I wanted to know whether gcc will use the trv and ftrv
instructions for sh4, how could I discover that?
You can grep the SH backend for the string "trv". This requires knowing
enough about gcc to understand what you find though.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com