Re: Which opcodes emitted by gcc for various arches

Kris Warkentin wrote:
Is there any easy way to know which opcodes gcc is capable of emitting when
optimizing for various platforms?

No.

For example, if I wanted to know whether gcc will use the trv and ftrv
instructions for sh4, how could I discover that?

You can grep the SH backend for the string "trv". This requires knowing enough about gcc to understand what you find though.