This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SMP multilib configure bootstrap failure on sparc-sun-solaris2.8?
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:45:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: SMP multilib configure bootstrap failure on sparc-sun-solaris2.8?
- References: <A38720EA-CE6B-11D7-BF28-003065BA681E@math.purdue.edu>
> From: Bradley Lucier <email@example.com>
> On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 12:09 AM, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > FWIW, I see the same problem intermittently. I saw it this evening on
> > sparc64-sun-solaris2.7. Then I reran another parallel bootstrap and
> > it worked. I.e. it is not always repeatable. :-(
> That's the nature of parallel build problems, no?
> In the past few weeks several parallel build bugs seem to have slipped
> in---I've had to cut down the number of processes from "make -j 12
> bootstrap" to "make -j 4 bootstrap" to increase the chance of a build
> completing successfully. And now even that doesn't work consistently.
The annoying thing is that this parallel bug also shows up on irix6
where we also have a serial make bug. So I am hosed either way. :-/
Fortunately restarting the bootstrap the following morning often
succeeds for both bugs.
Kaveh R. Ghazi firstname.lastname@example.org