This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [uClinux-dev] GCC target for uClinux with uClibc
- From: Christoph Hellwig <hch at lst dot de>
- To: uClinux development list <uclinux-dev at uclinux dot org>
- Cc: uclibc at uclibc dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 08:44:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: [uClinux-dev] GCC target for uClinux with uClibc
- References: <3F357712.email@example.com>
On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 12:34:58AM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> in order to make some of the GCC patches acceptable,
> I must avoid uClinux specific changes in the m68k-elf
> target headers.
> The only solution is adding a new target specific to
> uClinux, or uClibc, or both.
> I was thinking about m68k-uclinux-elf or m68k-uclibc-elf.
> Some of the constraints are:
There right target would probably be <arch>-unknown-linux-uclibc,
similar to the <arch>-unknown-linux-glibc that was used during
the glibc transition.
> - I would like to keep configuring binutils as
> "m68k-elf" because the uClinux specific patches
> don't conflict with embedded targets.
I don't think that'll work. The whole idea of the target tuples
is that they're the same all over the place. But you should tell
autoconf in binutils that m68-unknown-linux-uclibc is the same
as m68k-elf once the new config.* files are imported.