This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCJ and $PREFIX/include
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>,David O'Brien <obrien at FreeBSD dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:11:47 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: GCJ and $PREFIX/include
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030504205538.GA11169@dragon.nuxi.com><email@example.com>
On Sun, 4 May 2003, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> I think there are actually a couple of things being requested.
> 1) a plea for java to install include files in one, java-specific
> directory instead of throwing everything into $prefix/include. In
> particular, $(prefix)/include/java was mentioned, and sounds great to
> me. This would help package maintainers do separate c/c++/java packages,
> and clarify to people what goes where.
> 2) a plea for java to version their includes.
> 3) a plea to have --with-gxx-include-dir work for all languages, at
> which point I suggested it being renamed --with-installed-include-dir
> and java adding support for it.
I believe this is an excellent summary of the issues raised by David,
and indeed would help packagers.
Unfortunately, it seems we are stalled?
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/