This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: gdr at integrable-solutions dot net, jbuck at synopsys dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:35:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++
> Excellent article. I think that anyone who wishes to oppose the argument
> should be asked to demonstrate that we can get better quality of results
> by deviating from the simple approach Gaby describes; philosophical
> arguments should not suffice.
Well there is a burden of demonstration on both sides I would say, in terms
of showing behavior on actual code.