Re: Loop optimizer issues

In message <87oezd40qr.fsf@egil.codesourcery.com>, "Zack Weinberg" writes:
 >Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> writes:
 >
 >> I think there's been a bit of a disconnect in this discussion.
 >>
 >> Some people are arguing against merging the rtlopt changes into tree-ssa.
 >> Some people are arguing for merging Zdenek's loop optimizer work into
 >> tree-ssa.
 >>
 >> Nobody, AFAICT, is arguing for merging all of rtlopt into tree-ssa.
 >
 >Actually, I *am* arguing for merging all of rtlopt into *somewhere*,
 >because the code on the rtlopt branch dies when tree-ssa hits
 >mainline, so either it gets merged somewhere now or we lose all that
 >work.
I simply can't support merging all of rtlopt into the SSA branch.  It
makes a ton of work for us with little benefit to the SSA project.

I would consider merging generic code which does analysis and transformations
on the CFG, but merging all of rtlopt just doesn't make sense for the SSA
branch.

Sorry,
jeff