Re: [tree-ssa]: GIMPLE lowering array references too early?

> On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>> We used to keep array references around (instead of transforming into
>> address arithmetic), the thinking being that loop opts want them.

> This seems to be the fault of the c front end, not the gimplifier.
> It only builds array_refs in certain cases.

I have also observed this as well, and would like this to change.  Does
anyone know what the repercussions of changing the CFE would be?  In
particular, it now only generates an ARRAY_REF if the first operand is
actually an array, and now it could generate it if the first operand was a
pointer as well.

Would this break everything?

-Chris

--