Re: std::pow implementation

Richard Guenther <rguenth@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

| On 29 Jul 2003, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
|
| > Richard Guenther <rguenth@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
| >
| > | Can such be done for 3.4 and possibly 3.3, too?
| >
| > This is mainly an inlining problem with the compiler.  Please fix the
| > compiler, don't obfuscate the library.
|
| cmath.tcc:std::__cmath_power is not even declared inline.

That can be fixed if I'm given enough data ways to reproduce them.
(The body of that function is already available in any translation
unit that use it)

[...]

| to something avoiding the call to std::__cmath_power. And I dont
| expect inlining heuristics to consider constant arguments even for
| tree-ssa in 3.5 timeframe.

Assume __cmath_power is defined inline, then if GCC refuses to
inline it is because it is broken: it thinks it knows better than the
programmer whereas it does not.

-- Gaby