This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Discouraging contributors (Was: g++.old-deja/g++.other/anon7.C)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: bernie at develer dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 03 19:22:35 EDT
- Subject: Re: Discouraging contributors (Was: g++.old-deja/g++.other/anon7.C)
Do you really need 100% legal assurance for *everything* you do, even
when the countermeasure is extremely expensive, the event is very
unlikely and the damage you may get is insignificant?
No, but we do in a case like this when the countermeasure is trivial, the
risk of something happening (given Microsoft's current stance) is high,
and the potential damage is huge.