Re: Any idea what this is for? (fixincludes for svr4, _KERNEL)

Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> The following code is in fixinc.svr4.  It wraps entire files with
> #if _KERNEL.  What I can't figure out is *WHY*.  Is this just obsolete
> cruft, or is there a known reason for it?

Likely, someone analyzed this and determined that only kernel drivers
should be using the stuff and that it impinged on user land stuff.
Kernel drivers should not include stuff from /usr/include; only
stuff from /usr/include/sys.  The SVr4/ESMP release cleaned up
lots of this stuff, as I recall.  I believe these can utilize a
variation on ``c-fix = wrap''.