URLConnection

Does an URLConnection behave differently in GCJ than in the Sun VM?

I'm still working on getting the Hessian Lib to work. I've found out it runs
better if I set optimization to no more than 3.

The lib uses an URLConnection to connect to a webservice. This is supposed
to work with HTTP POST methods. But when used with GCJ the webserver thinks
it's not accessed with a HTTP POST. Is this is a bug in the URLConnection
implementation?