Unstable gcc mainline and the ia64 intrinsic work

I am working on ia64 Intel intrinsics. I have been using gcc 3.3
as the base since I need to verify my change by compiling modified
glibc and kernel using intrinsics instead of asm statement. The
gcc mainline can't compile glibc and I am not sure if it will compile
Linux kernel. What do I need to do when I am about ready to submit
the patch?

H.J.