Libtool and target libraries

Does the libtool in GCC cvs work with newer (2.5x) autoconf?

I'm currently trying to get the f95 target libraries building using the
toplevel AUX_DIR.
The generated libtool script seems to be missing chunks. In particular it
does not define LTCONFIG_VERSION, which makes the build fail with
libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.4a-GCC3.0'

If I run ltconfig manually, or supply my own auxiliary files everything
works ok. Have I missed some magic incantation somewhere, or is this a
known problem?

Paul Brook