This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Transformations to increase parallelism
- From: <tm_gccmail at mail dot kloo dot net>
- To: Dorit Naishlos <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hoogerbrugge <hoogerbrugge at hotmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Transformations to increase parallelism
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Dorit Naishlos wrote:
> Other compiler stages may be able to generate better code w/o these address
> forms (we encountered such a situation when trying to optimize addressing
> during combine); in fact, it may even be beneficial if this decision would
> take place as late as possible (possibly even after sched2...?).
Can you give an example of this? Is this a power4-specific problem?