Re: FSF GCC, #import and #pragma once

On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 11:22 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 02:18:52PM -0700, Mike Stump wrote:
Do you have a pointer to the Objc language specification?

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ObjectiveC/ index.html

Hmm, I never heard of Apple defining objc.

Odd. I cannot account for why you've never heard that before. SS -> NeXT -> Apple, pretty simple. SS wrote the first manual and the first compiler. NeXT moved away from that and did up their own manual and compiler (gcc), NeXT bought various IP related to Objective-C, SS appears to be gone now, Apple bought NeXT.

So is there actually a specification of the language accepted by the
FSF gnu objc compiler and runtime?

Yes, the language is defined by the language document I pointed at, the Apple runtime is defined by the Apple docs, and the GNU runtime is defined either by the FSF docs or by the code.