Re: [C++] Deprecating default arguments on function types

Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> writes:

| On 21 Jul 2003 15:20:24 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
|
| > Nathan Sidwell <nathan@codesourcery.com> writes:
| >
| > | Can we deprecate
| > | 	typedef int (*P) (int = 1);
| > | 	int f (P p) { return p ();}
| > | ?
| >
| > Mark already deprecated something like
| >
| >    int f(int, int = 0);
| >
| >    int(*p)(int) = &f;
|
| I don't think we ever supported code like that; it would require some sort
| of thunk.

I finally got the reference and my memory indeed failed.  The example
of construct Mark wanted to remove is

  void f(int);

  void g() {
    typedef void (*P)(int = 3);
    P p = f;
    (*p)();
  }

from

   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-07/msg00509.html

There does not seem to be a follow up to that message however.

-- Gaby