This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 3.4 bootstrap failure linking jv-convert on Solaris2.8
- From: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:08:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: 3.4 bootstrap failure linking jv-convert on Solaris2.8
On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 07:53 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
"Brad" == Bradley Lucier <email@example.com> writes:
Brad> I got this on today's sources after a generic configure and make
Brad> ld: warning: file
Brad> libjava/.libs/libgcj.so: linked to ./.libs/libgcj.so: attempted
Brad> multiple inclusion of file
That looks odd. Is this the same as the problem referenced here?
I don't know, but I don't think so; it's bootstrapped many times since
Does this symbol actually exist? It would be in java/io/File.lo (or
java/io/File/.libs/File.o), in the libjava build directory. This is
in the Java code, so it is pretty unlikely that it wouldn't appear.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this. I think that libgcj.so was not
linked into jv-convert because it was somehow specified twice in the
list of libraries.