Re: Request for Assistance: GCC 3.3.1 Code-Gen Problems

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:15:20PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > I suggest we go whole-hog and just give the exact set of commands to
> > use.  How about:
> >
> >   Run the following commands under /bin/sh:
> >
> >     CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh .../srcdir/configure
> >     gmake bootstrap
> >     gmake install
> >
> >   Do not set CONFIG_SHELL during the bootstrap or install phases.
>
> I'm not sure whether this is sufficient, because libstdc++-v3 is configured
> during 'gmake bootstrap' and absolutely needs /bin/ksh. And I have the vague
> recollection of PRs related to this problem.
>
> Phil, what do you think?

I'd go with the sequence you used, modified for crappy-sh:

   Run the following commands under /bin/sh:

       CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh
       export CONFIG_SHELL
       srcdir/configure
       make bootstrap
       make install

   Also, we extra-strongly recommend the use of GNU make, etc, etc.  If
   possible, install Linux before performing the above steps.

:-)