Re: Testsuite custom environment (second try at posting)

Hi Stephen

I don't know if you've worked this out in the six weeks since you
posted your message :-)  Anyway, it looks like no one answered ..

Stephen Biggs <xyzzy@hotpop.com> writes:

> I am trying to run 'make check-gcc' and wish to define my own set of
> TORTURE_OPTIONS (specifically to do only "-O0").  I have tried different
> things and nothing seems to work.  E.g.:
> $ export TORTURE_OPTIONS="{ { -O0 } }" ; make check-gcc
> $ make TORTURE_OPTIONS="{ { -O0 } }" check-gcc

> The environment variable set is ignored and the full list of options
> is applied. What am I doing wrong?  Is this a problem with how I
> specify it to the shell?  This forces me to edit
> gcc/testsuite/lib/c-torture.exp and put my own options in instead of
> what is there for TORTURE_OPTIONS.

The problem is that c-torture.exp does not access TORTURE_OPTIONS from
the environment, but from the Tcl global variable space.  The easiest
way to alter this it to use something like this in your site-local
`site.exp' file:

   global TORTURE_OPTIONS
   set TORTURE_OPTIONS [list {-O0}]

> Also, how do I specify set_board_info gcc,no_label_values 1; on the
> command line?  At the moment, I have a changed
> gcc/testsuite/config/default.exp where I add this line to the end,
> and this is not right.

The right way is to define a new board that is derived from (say)
`unix.exp' but modifies the board settings you are interested in.  You
can then specify that target board with --target_board in your
RUNTESTFLAGS.

Cheers, Ben