Re: structure members of packed structures

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:50:00PM -0700, Dale Johannesen wrote:
> Contingent on STRICT_ALIGNMENT, please.  Unaligned accesses are not
> a problem on all architectures.

I strongly do not think we should make the legality of the & operator
contingent on STRICT_ALIGNMENT.  All the world's an x86, and everyone
else will suffer if you do this.

Personally, I have no problem with the address being taken and giving
SIGBUS when used (or, gasp, fixed up by UAC fault software).

This, IMO, is one of those "well don't do that then" sorts of problems.

r~