Re: structure members of packed structures

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> In C++, what about non-pods? Here is the problematic case,

For all *I* care, you can completely outlaw attribute-packed on
non-pods.  (I just *guess* that the same goes for other users.)

It's mostly a C thingy anyway: map some structure on a specific
memory layout, leaving endianness and bitfields nonportable.
And maybe an MS thing as well -- which may indirectly answer
your question about where you want to look for what to do for
non-pods.

brgds, H-P