Re: removing old snapshot CVS tags?

Also take look at <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs/reghunt.html>:
To get all files for a particular date on the branch, check out the branchpoint and then update with all changes between the branchpoint and the desired date. For example,

    BRANCH="gcc-3_2-branch"
    DATE="2002-09-01"
    rm -rf gcc
    cvs co -r ${BRANCH}point gcc
    cvs up -d -j${BRANCH}point -j${BRANCH}:"${DATE}"

This method works reliably when it starts with a clean checkout. Further updates that use the previous date and a new date sometimes run into problems, with a few files not being updated correctly.

Thanks, Andrew Pinski