This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC for 8051 based architectures
- From: Shaun Jackman <sjackman at pathwayconnect dot com>
- To: Julia Nilsson <juliahansnillson at yahoo dot ca>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 Jul 2003 07:52:01 -0600
- Subject: Re: GCC for 8051 based architectures
- Organization: Pathway Connectivity
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
For a similar port look at the Motorola hc11/hc12 port. Also, I'm not
sure how relevant it is, but an open-source compiler for the 8051 exists
by the name of sdcc (small device c compiler).
On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 02:59, Julia Nilsson wrote:
> I wish to port GCC to an 8051 based microcontroller
> port. I tried to serach the mailing list and found
> that some time back somebody tried it but the port is
> currently not available.
> Please tell me if anybody has ever done any work on
> I tried having a look at the GCC sources and found
> that GCC is mainly for RISC acrchitecture with very
> few microcontrollers supported like h8 and avr and
> even these are not accumulator base
> Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca