This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: FW: trademark filings for GCC?
- From: Eben Moglen <moglen at columbia dot edu>
- To: Carl Oppedahl <carl at oppedahl dot com>
- Cc: rms at gnu dot org, gcc at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 01:02:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: FW: trademark filings for GCC?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><200307091443.KAA20540@caip.rutgers.edu><email@example.com>
Carl, under the assumption that this will go ahead, you and I will
flesh out the details of the registration offline. The short answer
to your questions is that FSF is a charitable corporation organized
under Massachusetts law and that we will indicate a first use in
commerce substantially earlier than your proposed timeline, by more
than a decade, through submission of publications using the name in
relation to our software. I have no reason to believe that there are
marks on the basis of which the office would deny our registration,
but we will make our very substantial priority clear.
Depending on the resources that O&L has available for pro bono
trademark work, we may want to ask for your assistance in other
Eben Moglen voice: 212-854-8382
Professor of Law fax: 212-854-7946 moglen@
Columbia Law School, 435 West 116th Street, NYC 10027 columbia.edu
General Counsel, Free Software Foundation http://moglen.law.columbia.edu