Re: GCC version 2 on SunOS 4.1.4

Srinivasan Jagannathan wrote:
I am trying to install gcc-2.95.3 on SunOS 4.1.4. However, I get the following error:

Very few people still have SunOS 4 machines. You may find it hard to find someone that can help.

./genattr ./config/sparc/sparc.md > tmp-attr.h
ld.so: Undefined symbol: _alloca

This is a linking problem of some sort. There is an alloca function in libiberty, perhaps you can arrange to use this one in there isn't one in the Sun C library. Or maybe using static linking will help, if there is an alloca in the static C library but not in the shared C library.

I checked out the gcc online docs and found the following:
 "....Warning: there is a bug in alloca in the Sun library. To avoid this

This note is unrelated to the problem you ran into.

Jim