Re: Cleanups for the m68k backend

On Monday 07 July 2003 13:14, Gunther Nikl wrote:

 > On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 11:24:43AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
 > > Note that GAS accepts both syntaxes, so if every supported target is
 > > using GAS then we can rip it out immediately.
 >
 >   Not every GAS version supports it. Why removing MIT syntax? The same
 > could be demanded for Motorola syntax...

 Maintaing both syntaxes adds complexity and makes every change to
the m68k back-end harder to write and test.

 After the last round of obsolete target removal, it turns out that very
few targets are still building GCC with the MIT syntax. Switching is
painless for targets with GAS, and it looks like none of the other
supported assemblers are using the MIT syntax.

 This is a good opportunity to make the m68k backend more readable.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html